The Golden Visa Scheme
The Golden Visa Scheme is a residency program that was introduced in 2012, its key intention being focused on attracting foreign investment to Portugal. Simultaneously, it provides non-EU members including family members, a chance to obtain Portuguese residency.
How do you qualify for a Golden Visa?
The Golden Visa is only available for non-EU citizens.
There are three different ways to qualify for a Golden Visa.
1. Invest In Property
- By investing a minimum of 500.000 euro’s in property, you can apply immediately for the Golden Visa. This can be in one property or several properties.
- Secondly, you can invest at least 350.000 euro in a property that was built more than 30 years ago, or is situated in an urban regeneration area. The price for the renovations can be included in this amount. Please be aware that the application for the Golden Visa can only start after the renovations have been done and the receipts have been saved to prove the investment.
2. Invest in Capital
- Capital investment of at least one million euros.
- Capital investment of at least 500,000 euros for acquisition of participation units in investment funds, or for capitalisation of small and medium size companies.
- Capital investment of at least 250.000 euro to support artistic production, recovery and maintenance of national cultural heritage.
- Capital investment of at least 350.000 euro for research activities that make up the national scientific and technological system.
3. Create Jobs
Create a minimum of 10 jobs
How to find the right property for a Golden Visa?
Algarve Retreats, have one prime purpose, our customers satisfaction. As we specialise in properties for sale throughout the Western Algarve, we have a wide selection for you to consider as being the investment for you. When we have found the property that meets with your requirements, we will help you through the property buying process, before then applying for the Golden Visa.
How the Golden Visa Process works?
During the property search, we will personally introduce you to a lawyer, who we work with on a regular basis and is highly recommend, to whom you can ask more detailed questions about your personal Golden Visa application. The lawyer will help you set up a Portuguese bank account and obtain a tax number (NIB) to start the application process once the property is purchased.